Click to Listen or Download Podcast
It seems that every time you load Twitter, a new story on women and sexual harassment has caused an online frenzy. Can this be an issue for women who work from home? Yes!
Many women have spoken up about their harrowing experiences, and sexual harassment in the workplace is gaining momentum as a dialogue. Discover how home-based business owners can take into consideration these current events and implement a management style that encourages a safe working environment for all vendors, contractors, employees and partners.
In this episode of Home Business Radio, Richard “Capt’n” Henderson and Managing Editor Sherilyn Colleen interview Holly Caplan, author of Surviving the D**k Clique: A Girl’s Guide to Surviving the Male Dominated Corporate World. Caplan shares commentary on the topic of sexual harassment that has affected women in business and all industries.
Subjects discussed in this podcast include:
* The latest on the women and sexual harassment stories and what women can learn from them
* What the #metoo hashtag revealed about our culture
* Why the modern-day boys’ clubs still exist and what women should do if they are going up against one
* Trump-era locker room talk: how women can fight back against hurtful rhetoric
* Why we need to make certain powerful entertainment industry players examples of why things need to change
* A personal story of Caplan’s that happened early in her career
* Advice for home-based business owners on how they can foster a safe work environment
So come aboard and sail with us as we discuss this timely topic, with women in business expert Holly Caplan.