A season of beach days, good vibes, easy living and new opportunity approaches. These 12 home business ideas are perfect to launch by summertime.
1. Balloon Decorator – Use balloons to decorate clients’ homes, offices, wedding reception halls, retirement dinners, trade show events, and other venues for birthdays and other special events.
2. Catering – Offer general or specialized cuisine for graduation celebrations, picnics, weddings, and other celebratory events.
3. Cleaning, Specialty – Rent or invest in specialized equipment, using environment-friendly methods to clean windows, dryers, carpets, gutters, antiques; or clean-up after fire, water, or wind events.
4. Educational Tutoring – Set up a tutoring office space to help remedial students; those preparing for college; or adults returning to school.
5. Food Truck – With a food-prep-equipped vehicle and license, sell meals or ethnic foods or snacks on popular streets and at local sporting events and fairs.
*“How To Start a Home-based Food Truck Business” by Eric Thomas (ebook)
6. Handy-Person – Use your “fix-it” skills to do small and larger repairs, installations, or painting jobs for homeowners, the elderly, or landlords. Obtain required permits and licenses.
7. House-Sitting– While homeowners are away, bonded and insured professionals care, maintain, and secure clients’ houses, pets, and plants.
*Endless Holidays – A Guide to House and Pet Sitting Around the World by Lynne & Mike Edmonds
8. Pet Training – Using your experience and expertise, instruct owners how to care and train their cats, dogs, horses, and other domestic animals for appropriate behavior or for competition.
9. Pool Maintenance – Clean and repair (or subcontract work) the pools, fountains, and ornamental ponds of homeowners, apartments, condos, and community pools.
*The Ultimate Pool Maintenance Manual: Spas, Pools, Hot Tubs, Rockscapes and Other Water Features, 2nd ed. by Terry Tamminen
10. Professional Organizing – Work with business owners, homeowners, and professionals to “spring clean” and organize their living and work spaces for better efficiency and improve workflow systems.
11. Sports Instruction – Skilled instructors use combinations of lectures and demonstrations to teach specific sports’ skills to individuals or groups for leisure or for competitive participation.
*Teaching Lifetime Sports by Lawrence F. Butler
12. Taxi, Special – With a good driving record and a dependable, safe vehicle (could have a wheelchair lift), obtain a license to transport children, pets, and other passengers to appointments and activities.
*“Starting a Driving Service for Pleasure and Profit” by Dana Carter (Kindle e-book).