|1/2 Page – Vertical||4-5/8″||7-1/4″|
|1/2 Page – Horizontal||7-1/8″”||4-3/4″|
|1/3 Page – Vertical||2-1/4″||10”|
|1/3 Page – Horizontal||4-5/8″||4-3/4″|
|1/4 Page – Vertical||3-1/2″||4-3/4″|
|1/4 Page – Horizontal||4-5/8″||3-1/2″|
|1/6 Page – Vertical||2-1/4″||4-3/4″|
|1/6 Page – Horizontal||4-5/8″||2-1/4″|
|Full Page – Bleed||8-3/8″||11-1/8″|
|Full Page – Trim||8-1/8″||10-7/8″|
Keep live matter 3/8″ from gutter and from trimmed sides.
2 Page Spread: Trim: 16-1/4″W x 10-7/8″D; Live Area: 14″W x 10″D
Display Ad Sizes:
Preferred display ad materials are a PDF file or other image file (JPEG, TIFF). Scroll down for further details on print specifications and computer files.
Submitting Ad Material Files:
Files less than 5 Megabytes in size can be emailed to email@example.com
Larger files can be uploaded online by clicking the link below and following the procedures.
Upload Advertising Material Files Online (files larger than 5 MB):
- To Upload Ad Files Online Login at: softproof.ultragraphicsla.com (Click SIGN-IN)
- User Name: HBM_ADS Password: public
- To upload Ad Material: Click “Browse” symbol > Click the Upload Arrow symbol (curved arrow) > Click Browse button > Select File on your desktop > Click UPLOAD button. File is then uploaded to HBM
For Instructions on How to Upload Ad Files Click Here »
Display Ad Graphic Design Services:
HOME BUSINESS® Magazine maintains a full service graphic design department to help you layout and design your advertisement, from minor edits to an existing Ad all the way through advertising concept development and full-service graphic layout and design:
|AD Size||Design Fee*||AD Size||Design Fee*|
|1 Page||$400 – $575||1/2 Page||$300|
|1/3 Page||$250||1/4 Page||$200|
|1/6 Page||$185||1/12 Page||$160|
* Fee is based upon text content provided by advertiser. Fee covers full Ad layout and design. Includes 3 rounds of changes. Concept development services avail ($85/hour).
- Printing: Web offset
- Binding: Perfect bound
- Screens: B&W or two-color: 100-133 line screen
- Four-color: 133 line screen
- 240 Total screen density on all flat tints and solids: %
We encourage advertisers to submit their Advertising Materials as computer files. This will ensure the highest quality of production. Home Business Magazine provides state-of-the-art technology to process advertising materials. The following are specifications for display ad materials
- Hi-Res print-ready PDF files.
- CMYK at highest resolution (300 dpi minimum).
- All fonts must be embedded.
- LW Res 2400
Additional Image files acceptable: TIFF, JPEG
- Versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0 )
- You must collect for output, ensuring that all images and fonts are included with the document
- Fonts or Type must be Rasterized.
- HBM does not accept layered files.
- All artwork must be flattened (no layers), CMYK, 300dpi
Adobe Illustrator Files:
- Save Illustrator Images/Documents as Illustrator EPS files
- Convert all fonts to outlines
- Embed all images
- Artwork must be CMYK
- Laser Prints or Laser-Separated Prints are acceptable for Ad Material, but print quality will be limited.
- Camera-Ready Artwork is acceptable for B/W or 2-Color Ads w/o Photos.
Materials Not Allowed:
- For software programs not allowed, please generate a PDF file from the program and that file should be acceptable as ad material.
- Files prepared with Microsoft Word or other word processing software programs.
- Microsoft Publisher files.
- Outdated graphics program files.
- FILM no longer accepted.
Bind-In Insert Card:
HOME BUSINESS® Magazine can accomodate a full range of bind-in insert cards (BRC). HBM can either design and produce the BRC; or the advertiser can produce and submit the printed BRC card to HBM. General BRC print Spec’s:
- 3/8″ high folio binding lap and an 1/8″ head trim.
- Folded-Minimum (front to back): Low 3-1/2″ High 5-1/2″ head to foot 3-1/2″
- Folded-Maximum (front to back): Low 8-1/4″ High 8-5/8″ head to foot 11-3/8″
- For BRC’s produced by HBM, the typical paper stock is 7 point Hi-Bulk. Other industry-standard BRC paperstocks can be used.
Digital Edition: Bind in Inserts can also be included in the digital editions.
Polybags: HBM does no offer poly-bagging.
For help ordering a display ad: