VerticalResponse, a provider of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media, event marketing, online survey and direct mail marketing, released findings that examine email and social media marketing user data among small and mid-sized businesses.
|The use of social media and email continues to grow in all small businesses.|
What types of businesses do the best in leveraging email marketing and social media? The data analysis uncovered the following:
• Top five industries that use both email marketing and social media, in order:
2. Real estate
3. Marketing and advertising
5. Health and wellness
• Top five industries that use both email marketing and social media, and have the highest open rates on their email marketing, in order:
1. Music (average open rate: 32.1 percent)
2. Consumer electronics (average open rate: 31.7 percent)
3. Financial services (average open rate: 22.6 percent)
4. Motion pictures and film (average open rate: 21.9 percent)
5. Graphic design (average open rate: 21.3 percent)
Methodology: VerticalResponse analyzed a sample set of 3,116 active customers who use both the company's flagship email marketing service and Roost by VerticalResponse. Their open rates were compared to those had by customers who only use VerticalResponse email marketing.
VerticalResponse Inc. provides a full suite of self-service marketing solutions for small businesses including email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, direct mail marketing and online surveys. For more information visit www.verticalresponse.com, and connect on Twitter at @VR4SmallBiz and Facebook at www.facebook.com/verticalresponse. Learn more about Roost's social media marketing tools for small business here and by following @Roost. V19-5 Add:10/12 HP: Car: 11/15/12